Monday, November 7, 2011

Revenge is SWEETER than Pumpkin Pie!

Yea, I did it....so what! They deserved it. And I am thinking I am the smartest person in the world right now!

So if you read the posts from yesterdays "Pumkin Soup" disaster, you saw that my family was brutal....really and I only put in the nice stuff! So today I decided that they needed to eat their words!

There was surprisingly a bit of the Kabocha Soup left so I saved it and then hatched a beautiful plan for how I would use my pumkin today......

Pasta a la Revenge....

Sauted Ground beef sausage onion and garlic in a pan until browned.....
while it cooked I mixed in a crock pot on high

couple of shakes of olive oil
1/2 jar of Ragu Spaghetti Sauce
1/2 jar of Ragu Alfredo Sauce
4 oz of cream cheese
1 Cup half and  Half milk
(oh and did I mention the left over pumkin soup)
and leftover parmesean.....let that simmer in the crock....
then added the meat and put it on low while we all went to the gym

I made sure they were nice and hungry....tossed together a cute little salad and then
dinner was served!!

Meal Comments ;

"does this have pumkin in it" - to which I replied no....not a lie its Kabocha Squash so not a lie!
"this is actually pretty good"
"mom, can you give me some more pasta"....my reply "sure son here you go.....(big serving)

I personally enjoyed the meal very much. And then the finale was super.....jaycee looked down at her empty plate with just the sauce lingering....and found just a tad of the red bell pepper from the night before....."mom, did you put pumkin in this...." - "No I did not put PUMKIN in that...." but my smile was already giving it away...keegan (the smart one of the bunch) "you put SQUASH in this!!!!"

I laughed so hard I dont think I will have to do abs tonight!!

And now they are all not speaking to me....aaaaaahhhhh the peace and serenity!

Today was a "Great Pumkin Day!"

1 comment: