Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Sunday October 30.....Pumkin Walnut Pancakes

So I took the easy way out on these because we were just getting warmed up and it was the Sabbath ....
This morning we used the basic Bisquick recipe following the instructions for 10-12 pancakes and added about 1/2 cup of pumkin, a dash of cinnamon, brown sugar and sugar each. I added the water last so that I could adjust for a bit less because of the pumpkin. I added crushed walnut after the batter was ready.
Keegans version- piled it full of peanut butter and syrup
Jaycee's version- peanut butter and nutella topping with syrup.

These were great I thought with just a bit of butter on top....but what I had a dreamy vision of was topping it with carmelized banana and whip cream.....

I froze the extras on a cookie sheet and bagged them in freezer bags.....today is Wednesday and we popped them into the toaster....they were just as yummy the second time. If you are a pumpkin fan you may go stronger on the pumpkin, it was a little light but we liked it!

No comments:

Post a Comment